The association was established by the members of trade unions of the smelting work of non-ferrous metals "Szopienice" Co. and the lovers of old industrial technology.
The aim of the association is:
The association is realizing the aims through:
- to help in establishing of a Museum of Zinc Mill in Szopienice-Katowice,
- protection of the existing historic industry facilities of the "Szopienice" Co.,
- to promote the old metallurgic technologies,
- organization of a cooperation platform on a cultural level between old industry protecting centers in Silesia and similar centers in another regions and countries,
- creation of a lobby to protect the industry monuments,
- supporting of un-commercial initiatives undertaken to protect the old industry monuments,
- cooperation with territorial governments and government administration in the field of old industrial monuments protection.
- organizing meetings with inhabitants and other associations,
- propagation of the ideas of industry monuments protection among the Silesian people and especially among school children,
- putting pressure on institutions obliged to protect the industrial monuments to ensure financial resources in order to establish the Museum of Zinc Mill,
- participation in setting up of the Museum of Zinc Mill,